Saturday, September 12, 2009

I counted every single point today

....and I am very proud of myself for it. It seems like such an easy thing to do, but to be honest every day is a struggle for me lately.

I went to my weight watchers meeting and was prepared for the worst. Yesterday was my boyfriend's sister's bday and (as you all can see) I did not blog. I ate so much food that it wasn't worth wasting my camera battery life on the many many meals I had. Its kinda comical the mix of different food I consumed yesterday - jamaican food for breakfast, japanese for lunch, greek for a *snack* lol (pita chips, pita bread, and hummus), and then a full on greek smorgasbord for dinner. Delicious. Not very nutritious. Oh and cake. I was prepared to be in the mid 160s. I felt pretty bloated and I woke up not feeling hungry which is a sure sign that I overate yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised to be 162. That means that in the past two weeks I have gained 2.6 lbs. In total, I have gained 4.6 lbs since I have been back home. Would you like to hear the irony? Since I've been home the boyfriend has lost 5 lbs. LOST 5 LBS!! Practically every pound he has lost I have managed to find LOL. and I am the one making his meals! WTF?!?

There is nothing like a clean slate to make you feel like anything is possible. I ate well today. Really well. My sister borrowed my camera for the weekend because a friend of hers is getting married in Colorado so I have been forced to document my food adventures with (gasp) my camera phone :( Sorry guys!

Breakfast
3 egg whites
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cheddar cup cheese
sandwich thin
5 pts

I am very mad about the quality of the stupid camera phone pictures - particularly for lunch and dinner. The pictures do not do the meals justice. SOOO GOOD!! I made the crust of the pizza myself using whole wheat flour, a little salt, water, and a bit of baking powder. It was so great that I will more than likely make it tomorrow again (hopefully by then my camera will be back in my possession)
Lunch
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
mushrooms, green peppers
1 tsp olive oil
squash
6.5 pts

Snack
apple
weight watchers vanilla yogurt
(not pictured)
2 pts

Dinner
2/3 cup shrimp
1 tbsp honey
1 mashed potato
2 tbsp ff sour cream
zucchini
7 pts
I used the honey to marinate the shrimp. Really good. garlicky-sweet.

Dessert
Weight Watchers Cookies and Cream cup
(not pictured)
2 pts

I am going to make it my goal to use as few of my weekly bonus points as possible this week - planning wise anyway. I will only use my bonus points for unplanned things - like randomly eating when visiting a friends house or something like that. I think the main thing that has been ruining my efforts *ahem* has been the fact that I have been overeating daily all on my own and then overeating a bit more when I go visit or hang out with other people.

Cross your fingers that I have my camera tomorrow!

Total for the day: 22.5 pts
Weekly Bonus Points Used: 0.5 pts
Bonus points remaining for the week: 34.5 pts

xoxo
dee.

1 comments:

camelia said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,


petitchef.com

Post a Comment