Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Disclaimer: *I WILL GO OVER MY POINTS TODAY*

You've been warned.

I have already baked cupcakes for BabyCakes as a V-Day treat. And he told me that for dinner he would like skirt steak. And mashed potatoes. So I have to plan my day's meals around this big grand finale of a dinner. Lucky Guy.
By my estimate, I shouldn't go over my more than 4 pts today. YaY Bonus Points!

I was pleasantly surprised to know that people noticed my return. THANKS GUYS! That really gives me extra motivation to stay on track.

Breakfast
1 slice whole wheat toast
egg white omlet w/ 1/4 c mozz. cheese
1 c strawberries
tomatoes
4.5 pts

After breakfast I rushed around baking a whole slew of cupcakes. Here are the ones I made special for my honey!

Yeah I know. Pretty Sappy. Please don't judge me.
Something happened today that does not usually happen. I don't condone skipping meals. Its no good. I am not one of those skip meals (or skip anything related to food for that matter) type of person. But I got all caught up with these blasted cakies and making a handmade valentines day card for BabyCakes (please dont vomit) that dinner time was fast approaching and I had to race back to his place to start making dinner before he got home from work. So I missed lunch. I promise, this is not the start of some crazy bad eating habit.

As if the cupcakes weren't enough. Look what he brought home!

And this whole time I thought he loved me!?!?!?

Chocolate cake is my joy. And that particular chocolate cake is covered in chocolate fudge which is topped with strawberries to give the impression of healthiness. Damn You, Chocolate Cake!

As promised, I made skirt steak and mashed potatoes for dinner

Dinner
skirt steak
1 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp light cream cheese
broccoli
bit of chimichurri sauce
10 pts

And for the grand finale:
Dessert
1 cupcake with ~ tbsp icing
sliver of chocolate cake
12 pts

Okay lemme break down this dessert. First of all, that is NOT a regular sized plate, its a dessert plate but I'm all zoomed into the picture and everything looks huge. S0 use the strawberry as kind of a reference. That is just a little SLIVER of chocolate cake. I promise. The cupcake I baked myself and I know its 3 pts plus another point for the bit of icing. I didn't eat the strawberry (it was covered in this strawberry syrup/gelatin thing that grossed me out). Based on how good that chocolate cake made me feel, I estimated it at 8 points. LoL. I would not recommend this method for counting points, but I didnt know what else to do.

I had a wonderful Valentines Day!

Total for the day: 26.5 pts
Weekly Bonus Points Used: 2.5 pts
Bonus points remaining for the week: 32.5 pts

xoxo
dee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment