Monday, July 13, 2009

Menu

Okay so before I dive into my menu for the day I just want to make a major announcement. It's official.

I have a follower!!

(Shout out to Nessie! Thanks so much for following my blog!) I follow her blog (funny) check it out. She is the first person to follow my blog officially and hopefully not the last :)

No offense to my unofficial followers out there :) But I finally have a follower that I don't know in real life! YAY!

Alright onto the good stuff....the food!
Breakfast was an omlette made with 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and broccoli.

I've never put broccoli in an omlette before, but since I ran out of spinach last night, I gave it a try. It was good!





Lunch
Morning Star "chicken" patty
1 slice fat free cheddar cheese
1 tbsp light mayo
mustard
Orowheat Sandwich thins
Fuji apple

The sandwich thins are good and point friendly (1 point for the pair) In LA for some reason the brand is Orowheat which is the same brand as Arnold's in other places so if you are looking for them, that might help.

I went to the supermarket today and decided to try something new. So I got BLUEBERRIES! Up until now, I've preferred my blueberries dispersed in a muffin or some other sugary confection. But today I had it in my vanilla yogurt as a snack. Good stuff. Oh and a little after the yogurt I had a 100 Cal pack of Kettle Korn.



Dinner
Tilapia Fillet cooked in olive oil
Cooked spinach with garlic
1 mashed potato with 2tbsp sour cream and cilantro.



In case you haven't noticed, I am making a conscious effort to incorporate fruits and vegetables everywhere that I can. Hence broccoli for breakfast LoL. Weight Watchers requires that I have at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day, so I work them in with every meal (as much as I can). Some days are better than others. The fruits and veggies have helped me feel fuller. And since I am one of those people that gained weight because they love the feeling of being full (no...seriously i like being full!) bulking up my meals with fruits and veggies has helped me feel satisfied after meals.

I am also going to stop titling so many of my blogs "menu" ....tomorrow!

xoxo
dee.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

"Up until now, I've preferred my blueberries dispersed in a muffin or some other sugary confection."

Hi. my name is Dani and I'm so cool cuz I take pictures of my foodies and use big words...

LoL love u Dani! keep up the good work!

Dee Lighter said...

LoL.. you are so mean to me Sylvia! you are sooo lucky that I love you.. Thank you for reading my blog (jerk!)

...this is why you cant tell your friends about your blog!

xoxo
dee

Post a Comment