Friday, July 24, 2009

Mind Body Disconnect

Despite being overweight, I have never actually hated my body. Even at my highest weight, when I looked in the mirror I never felt gross about what I saw.

So why is it that suddenly, after losing 25 lbs, I feel fat?

I dont know what it is. I can't explain it. I feel more self conscious about my body than I ever have before. Before I joined weight watchers I looked back at my freshman year weight (160) as this magical number. And now that I am here it just feels like....ok....what was all the fuss about? THIS is what 160 feels like? Thats it?

Maybe I expected fire works.

I know a part of it is due to the fact that I still have a ways to go. And even though I am technically not "obese" I still feel like I am in my mind. Its weird.

xoxo
dee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment