Friday, July 24, 2009

Where did my motivation go?

I actually enjoy working out. I like that feeling of accomplishment when I've worked through an hour of cardio. Before I started this blog I was on this streak of enjoying jogging. (Not outside though, I am a wimp. I <3 the treadmill). But I finally got to the point where I could jog for three miles straight. I know for the runners out there 3 miles aint much, but for me this was a huge deal! Three whole miles straight!

I haven't been to the gym since Monday.
I haven't been on a treadmill in nearly three weeks.
......
I can't even guarantee that I'll work out tomorrow either.
I'm rebellious.

I really dont know what I am waiting for. Maybe a gain? Some sign that'll force me to be more dedicated to exercise. I COULD make the excuse and say Ahhh, I am a graduate student, I dont have time for the gym..... But I definitely took a nap today for two hours. LOL. We'll see what happens.

Breakfast
fried egg (1 whole, 2 egg whites)
Whole wheat english muffin
2 tbsp WW cream cheese
tomatoes
4.5 pts
The fried egg looks like an omlette because I used 2 extra egg whites to bulk it up. It was too big to flip, so I folded it like an omlette in the pan. The yolk is tucked nicely on the inside.

Snack
Fiber One Bar
2 pts
I avoided the Clif bar at the vending machine! Yay Me!

Lunch
Eggplant
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
diced tomatoes
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
broccoli
3.5 pts
Snack
kettle korn
1 pt

Dinner
1 cup brown rice
beef
1 egg
peas, carrots, red bell pepper
12 pts
I was stingy with my points early in the day because I wanted to make this fried rice. Really good. Beef is expensive points-wise.
Total points for the day: 23

Until tomorrow!

xoxo
dee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes its hard to motivate yourself to go to the gym, but you HAVE TO DO IT!. Don't flake out...you can do it!

Maybe you can link your activity to the gym with your once-a-week guilty treat (whatever it may be...a taco from the Korean taco truck or a slice of thincrust cheese pizza...whatever) (i.e. if I go to the gym at least three times a week, then I can have my guilty treat on Friday. But if I dont go to the gym at least three times a week, then I am NOT allowed to have my guilty treat).

We all enjoy a guilty treat at least once a week, so what better way to account for it than by making the gym a prerequisite :o)

Or you could just be like me and motivate yourself by having an imaginary show down

-Shelly

SylbeeDee said...

Yea...what she said

Dee Lighter said...

thanks guys!

Post a Comment